Hard Working Traditional Values With A Dash of Fun

Hard Working Traditional Values With A Dash of Fun

Sunday, March 10, 2013

Fiddlin' - I'm Still in Debt

Anyone familiar with Dave Ramsey's program to help people get out of debt will particularly like this song parody.

I'm Still In Debt

To the Tune of Brad Paisley's "I'm Still a Guy"

When you see a loan you say Cheetah 
And I, a flat screen up on the wall 
When you see a loan you think pay it 
And I, some new hubcaps and a set of whitewalls 
You're probably thinking that you're going to change me 
In some ways well maybe you might 
Talk me down, chew me up, ah, but no matter yet 
Remember I'm still in debt 

When you see my credit card statement 
It makes you ready to hurl 
You think that playing the lotto sounds crazy 
And I'd like to give it a whirl 
Well debt makes a man do some things he ain't proud of 
And in a weak moment I might 
Give my bookie a call, spend my check at the mall 
'Cause remember, I'm still in debt 

I'll pour out my heart 
When they repo my car 
A sob story that makes you cry 
Then turn right around, fleece a new truck I found 
'Cause I saw a deal as I walked by 

I can hear you now talking to your friends 
Saying, "Yeah girls he's come a long way" 
From bouncing his rent check and carrying twelve charge cards 
And buying a rent-to-own chair 

But when you say a charge card means take out the scissors 
And I swat your hand when you try 
Well now, what can I say at the end of the day 
Honey, I'm still in debt 

I'll pour out my heart 
When they repo my car 
A sob story that makes you cry 
Then turn right around fleece a new truck I found 
'Cause I saw a deal as I walked by 

These days there's dudes using budgets 
envelopes, stuffed full of cash 
With emergency savings and money behaving 
You can't live a life that is rash 

With all of these men signing up with Dave Ramsey 
It's hip now to yell "I'm debt free!" 
I still can't pay my rent 
I ain't got a cent 
Yeah honey, I'm still in debt 

Oh my wallet's been plucked 
Dang they've repo'd my truck 
No wonder, I'm still in debt

No comments:

Post a Comment