Hard Working Traditional Values With A Dash of Fun

Hard Working Traditional Values With A Dash of Fun

Friday, April 26, 2013

Fiddlin' - Mom, My Eyes Are Fully Open

This song is more obscure than most, but it is incredibly fun. The original is Gilbert and Sullivan's My Eyes Are Fully Open from Ruddigore.

MOM, MY EYES ARE FULLY OPEN

HUSBAND
My eyes are fully open to my grateful situation --
I shall go at once to my dear wife and make her my oration,
I shall tell her I've discovered her outstanding common senses,
And I'm grateful that I benefit from any consequences.

Now I do not want to be accused of acting like a braggart,
But a husband may indulge a little pardonable swagger,
In a word or two of compliment, I'll tell her that I love her,
Plus I've got to say to her that she's a super-duper mother!

CHORUS
She's a super-duper mother, mother, mother, mother, mother --
She's a super-duper mother, mother, mother, mother, mother --
She's a super-duper mother!
She's a super-duper mother,mother, mother, mother, mother, mother, mother, mother, mother, mother, mother, mother, mother, mother!

CHILD 1
If I were not a little mad and generally silly;
I should give you my advice upon a subject willy nilly
I should show you in a moment how to grapple with the question,
And you'd really be astonished at the force of my suggestion.

On the subject I shall tell you a most honorable lady,
Full of excellent suggestions and she makes the cutest babies!
Yet at present I'm afraid I am as mad as any other,
So I'll keep her to myself, for she's a super-duper mother!


CHORUS
She's a super-duper mother, mother, mother, mother, mother --
She's a super-duper mother, mother, mother, mother, mother --
She's a super-duper mother!
She's a super-duper mother,mother, mother, mother, mother, mother, mother, mother, mother, mother, mother, mother, mother, mother!

CHILD 2
Well I have been so lucky as to have a splendid mother,
Who can talk to me as we are talking now to one another,
Who can give me good advice when she discovers I am erring,
(Which is just the very favour which on you I am conferring).

Her existence sure has made a rather interesting story,
And it's clear to all her family we think she is hunky dory.

This particularly rapid, unintelligible blubber,
Isn't generally heard, about my super-duper mother!

CHORUS
She's a super-duper mother, mother, mother, mother, mother --
She's a super-duper mother, mother, mother, mother, mother --

This particularly rapid, unintelligible blubber,
Isn't generally heard, about my super-duper mother!
This particularly rapid, unintelligible blubber,
Isn't generally heard, about my super-duper mother, mother,mother, mother, mother, mother, mother, mother, mother, mother, mother!


No comments:

Post a Comment