Hard Working Traditional Values With A Dash of Fun

Hard Working Traditional Values With A Dash of Fun

Monday, May 6, 2013

Fiddlin' - The Motherly Way


Mother’s Day is coming soon. Here is another song written to honor mom.

THE MOTHERLY WAY
Sung to the tune of “The Company Way” from Frank Loesser’s “How To Succeed In Business Without Really Trying”

OLDER BROTHER
When I joined this fam
As a brash young man,
Well, I said to myself,
"Now, brash young man,
Don't get any ideas."
Well, I stuck to that,
And I haven't had one in years.

YOUNGER BROTHER
You play it safe.

OLDER BROTHER
I play it the motherly way;
Wherever my dear mommy puts me
There I stay.

YOUNGER BROTHER
But what is your point of view?

OLDER BROTHER
I have no point of view.

YOUNGER BROTHER
Supposing your dear mommy thinks . . .

OLDER BROTHER
I think so too.

YOUNGER BROTHER
Now, what would you say . . .?

OLDER BROTHER
I wouldn't say.

YOUNGER BROTHER
Your face is your dear mommy’s face.

OLDER BROTHER
It smiles at my grandparents
Then goes back in place.

YOUNGER BROTHER
The motherly furniture?

OLDER BROTHER
Oh, it suits me fine.

YOUNGER BROTHER
The motherly counseling?

OLDER BROTHER
A valentine.

YOUNGER BROTHER
Anything you're against?

OLDER BROTHER
Spankings.

YOUNGER BROTHER
When she wants brilliant thinking
From her children

OLDER BROTHER
That is no concern of mine.

YOUNGER BROTHER
Suppose a child of genius
Makes suggestions?

OLDER BROTHER
Watch that genius get a whack on his behind.

YOUNGER BROTHER
So you play it the motherly way?

OLDER BROTHER
All motherly policy is by me OK.

YOUNGER BROTHER
You'll never rise up to the top.

OLDER BROTHER
But there's one thing clear:
Whoever my dear mommy chastens,
I will still be here.

YOUNGER BROTHER
Oh, you certainly found a home!

OLDER BROTHER
It's cozy.

YOUNGER BROTHER
Your brain is your dear mommy’s brain.

OLDER BROTHER
My dear mommy washed it,
Now I can't complain.

YOUNGER BROTHER
Hey, your dear mommy’s choice of clothes!

OLDER BROTHER
Oh, what style, what punch!

YOUNGER BROTHER
Your dear mommy’s cooking skills!

OLDER BROTHER
Ev'ry day same lunch:
Her tuna fish sandwich; it's delicious!

YOUNGER BROTHER
I must try it.

OLDER BROTHER
(Early in the week.)

YOUNGER BROTHER
Do you have any hobbies?

OLDER BROTHER
I've a hobby; I play games with baby sis.

YOUNGER BROTHER
Baby sis! And do you play it nicely?

OLDER BROTHER
Play it nicely . . . still, she blitzes me
In every game, like that!

YOUNGER BROTHER
Why?

OLDER BROTHER
'Cause I play it my dear mommy’s way.
Matriarchal policy is by me OK.

YOUNGER BROTHER
Oh, how can you get anywhere?

OLDER BROTHER
Junior, have no fear;
Whoever my dear mommy chastens,
I will still be here.

YOUNGER BROTHER
You will still be here.

BOTH
Year after year after fiscal,
Never sass our mom-al year!

No comments:

Post a Comment