Hard Working Traditional Values With A Dash of Fun

Hard Working Traditional Values With A Dash of Fun

Friday, October 4, 2013

Fiddlin´ - I Get A. Rand


Although she wrote the books she was most known for more than 50 years ago, Ayn Rand prescient views on a stifling, over-regulating government make her a popular author today. Those who understand Rand´s message may get a chuckle from this song, rewritten from the Beach Boy´s original, ¨I Get Around.¨

"I Get A. Rand"

Rand Rand get A. Rand
I get A. Rand
Yeah
Get A. Rand Rand Rand I get A. Rand
I get A, Rand
Get A. Rand Rand Rand I get A. Rand
From town to town
Get A. Rand Rand Rand I get A. Rand
Read The Fountainhead
Get A. Rand Rand Rand I get A. Rand
I'm makin' real good bread

I'm gettin' bugged hearing right and left it´s all my fault
I gotta finda new place where I´ll find John Galt

My buddies and me are getting richer than snot
Yeah, the bad guys know us and they tax us a lot

I get A. Rand
Get A. Rand Rand Rand I get A. Rand
From town to town
Get A. Rand Rand Rand I get A. Rand
Read The Fountainhead
Get A. Rand Rand Rand I get A. Rand
I'm makin' real good bread
Get A. Rand Rand Rand I get A. Rand
I get A. Rand
Rand
Get A. Rand Rand Rand oooo
Wah wa ooo
Wah wa ooo
Wah wa ooo

We always praise the tycoon cause he's never been beat
And he's never missed yet when the markets compete

None of the guys like taxes cause it wouldn't be right
We´ll leave the moochers behind when we go on a strike.

I get A. Rand
Get A. Rand Rand Rand I get A. Rand
From town to town
Get A. Rand Rand Rand I get A. Rand
Read The Fountainhead
Get A. Rand Rand Rand I get A. Rand
I'm makin' real good bread
Get A. Rand Rand Rand I get A. Rand
I get A. Rand
Rand
Ah ah ah ah ah ah ah ah

Rand Rand get A. Rand
I get A. Rand
Yeah
Get A. Rand Rand Rand I get A. Rand
Get A. Rand Rand Rand I get A. Rand
Wah wa ooo
Get A. Rand Rand Rand I get A. Rand
Oooo ooo ooo
Get A. Rand Rand Rand I get A. Rand
Ahh ooo ooo
Get A. Rand Rand Rand I get A. Rand
Ahh ooo ooo
Get A. Rand Rand Rand I get A. Rand

Ahh ooo ooo

I agree that Rand hit the nail on the head when describing the weaknesses of big government. I am not so taken with her solutions--so much so that I wrote a book challenging her position. Atlas Shrugged and Jesus Wept.

If you liked this post, be sure to share it by selecting one of the share buttons below.
If you would like to get a notice of future posts, choose the Follow option at the bottom of this blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment