Hard Working Traditional Values With A Dash of Fun

Hard Working Traditional Values With A Dash of Fun

Wednesday, November 20, 2013

More Frank Capra. Less Ayn Rand.



Last week, Utah Senator Mike Lee gave a great talk to the Heritage Foundation making a case for the need of the Tea Party to promote a positive, hopeful future.

His actions received a favorable editorial from the Washington Post's Michael Gerson.

I was surprised to read Mike Lee's quote, ¨The conservative vision for America is not an Ayn Rand novel. It's a Norman Rockwell painting, or a Frank Capra movie; a nation of plain ordinary kindness, and a litte looking out for the other fellow too.¨

I am not surprised that Lee would say this, I am surprised that is sounds like a blurb for my book Atlas Shrugged Jesus Wept.  In my book, I tell the Capraesque story {a la It's a Wonderful Life) of an angel trying to turn the characters from Atlas Shrugged from their worship of selfishness.



I got your back, Senator Lee. This vision for conservative values is already in print!

If you liked this post, be sure to share it by selecting one of the share buttons below.
If you would like to get a notice of future posts, choose the Follow option at the bottom of this blog. 

No comments:

Post a Comment