Hard Working Traditional Values With A Dash of Fun

Hard Working Traditional Values With A Dash of Fun

Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Funny Mother's Day Songs


The Fiddling Ant would love to work as a parody lyricist, but that career doesn't pay very well unless your name is Al Yankovic or Tim Hawkins. So I write parody songs to amuse anyone who appreciates clever lyrics.

Over the past years I have written a number of parody songs in honor of Mother's Day. Here is a sample:

OUR MOM
to the tune of Gaston, from Disney's Beauty and the Beast

CHILD

Gosh it disturbs me to see you, dear mom,
Looking so down in the dumps.
Ev'ry kid here'd love to hug you, dear mom,
Even when taking our lumps.
There's no mom in town as admired as you,
You're ev'ryone's favorite gal;
Ev'ryone's awed and inspired by you,
And so we present this chorale.

No one's strict as our mom.
No one's quick as our mom.
And our blackheads are frequently picked by our mom.
For there's no mom in town half as momly,
Perfect, a pure paragon!
You can ask any Stan, Dick or Tomley,
And they'll tell you whose fam’ly they’d like to be on.

CHILD AND CHORUS

No one's nice like our mom,
Gives advice like our mom.

CHILD

No one guides and corrects as concise as our mom.

MOM

As a specimen, yes, I'm intimidating!

CHILD AND CHORUS

My what a gal, that’s our mom!
Give five "hurrahs!" Give twelve "hip-hips!"

CHILD

Our mom is the best,
And the rest is all drips.

CHORUS

No one’s bright as our mom,
Breaks up fights like our mom.

CHILD

In a screaming match nobody frights like our mom!

CHORUS

For there's no one as loving and caring.

MOM

As you see I've got patience to spare.

CHILD

Not a bit of her's grumpy or erring.

MOM

That's right!
And ev'ry last inch of me's perfect I swear.

CHORUS

No one cheers like our mom,
Cleans my ears like our mom.

CHILD

In a shouting match nobody hears like our mom.

MOM

I'm especially good at commiserating!
Poor dear!

CHORUS
Ten cheers for our mom!

MOM
When I was a girl,
I raised hens, goats and pigs,
Ev'ry morning to help me learn work.
And now that I'm grown,
I raise rambunctious kids,
So pipe down or I'll go berserk!

CHORUS

Oh, ahhh, wow!
My what a gal, that’s our mom!
No one cooks like our mom,
Reads us books like our mom.

CHILD

Then goes tromping around kicking butts like our mom!

MOM

I use Pint’rest in all of my decorating!

CHORUS

My what a gal, our mom!



Here are some other parody Mother's Day songs.


A parody of The Company Way from How to Succeed Without Really Trying. This is a fun duet for a couple of brothers. It shows how mom really runs the house.

A parody of A Policeman's Lot Is Not A Happy One from The Pirates of Penzance.

A parody of My Eyes are Fully Open from Ruddigore, a great Gilbert and Sullivan patter song.

A parody of There is Nothin' Like a Dame from South Pacific. A song with multiple parts for the whole family to take part in.



A parody of I Am the Very Model of a Modern Major General from The Pirates of Penzance. Perhaps the best known patter song of all time.


For a complete list of Fiddling Ant parody songs, click here.


Have a Happy Mother's Day honoring the mothers in your life!


If you liked this post, be sure to share it by selecting one of the share buttons below.

If you would like to get a notice of future posts, choose the Follow option at the bottom of this blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment