The University of Virginia's National Marriage Project is reporting new research that finds that couples who postpone physical intimacy until they are married have higher quality marriages than those who do not wait.
These research findings are contrary to what the popular culture would want people to believe. In modern America most people don't remain chaste until marriage. People who wait are labeled old fashioned, prudes, repressed, and foolish. Why impose self control when you can just have a good time?
- The American Journal of Medicine reports that more than half of all Americans will have an STD at some point in their life. Not a problem for those that wait for marriage.
- More than 40% of babies are born to unwed mothers which puts these broken homes on a path to poverty. Not a problem for those that wait for marriage.
- Teens who take chastity pledges are likely to align friendships with other teens who are religious and chaste and avoid running around with crowds that make poor choices regarding sex, drugs, and criminal behavior.
- Married people report having sex more frequently and with greater satisfaction than their unmarried peers.
- People who were promiscuous prior to marriage are more likely to have an affair after being married.
- Divorce rates are lower among those that are chaste until married.
Who is having fun now?
For more details on these findings, read Rodney Stark's America's Blessings: How Religion Benefits Everyone, Including Atheists.
Regardless of opinions, facts are on the side of those who know that love can wait and in the long run it is those who are chaste until marriage who have a good time.
If you liked this post and what to encourage other readers, be sure to share it by selecting one of the share buttons below.
If you would like to get a notice of future posts, choose the Follow option at the bottom of this blog.